Objective: This course is intended to provide the beginner handgun enthusiast with the knowledge and ability to:
- Understand firearm safety
- Understand range etiquette
- Operate their firearms in a safe and practical manner
- Develop shooter confidence when conducting live fire training
- Identify and clear malfunctions
Overview: This beginners course is intended for the “new shooter” and considered one of our ‘level one’ courses. If you have just recently obtained your firearms license, and unsure of what the next step is, this course is for you! This course will consist of both classroom instruction and a live fire exercise. During the course, students will learn basic firearm safety fundamentals, range rules and etiquette, students will be able to get comfortable with operating their firearms, as well as be able to become confident with identifying and clearing malfunctions. During the course, students will be given instruction to ensure a proper grip and stance is utilized. Students will conduct live fire from the 5 and 10 yard lines with their individual firearms.
- Participants must have taken our LTC course or be valid LTC holders in MA or out of state
- Participants must wear proper range attire i.e. closed-toe shoes
- Participants should have at minimum (2) magazines for their firearms
- Rental firearms maybe available subject to availability
- Participants must bring proper eye and ear protection or they will be available for purchase at CGW.
Ammunition: 100 rounds
Course Length: 2 hours
Skill Level: Level ONE
Maximum Participants: 14
Course Fee: $99.00
Please click the date on the calendar for the course you want. If the date is highlighted in red please call us for class availability.