The Range Safety Officer (RSO) is a critical component to the safe operation of the indoor ranges. The RSO enforces safe firearm handling. RSOs must pay acute attention to the range area while maintaining a strong mental focus on safety, which should result in a positive experience for all customers. The primary duty of an RSO is to organize, conduct and supervise safe range activities and range operations for both members and the public at all times. Candidates will receive training on all aspects related to their job duties and responsibilities. Provide assistance to range guests and members to assist with the operation of their firearms, clearing malfunctions, gun cleaning, etc. Must possess a valid MA License to Carry Firearms. Cape Gun Works is open for business up to 10 hours a day, 7 days a week and is one of the largest and fastest-growing range, training, service, and sales facilities in the northeast.
Range Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner with all customers & members
- Represent the company by conducting yourself in a professional manner that reflects positively on the facility.
- Supervise all range activities and ensure that all customers and members follow range regulations.
- Willing to use proper protective clothing and gear to clean range, prepare lead and brass for recycling.
- Enforce all policies and procedures prescribed by the Range Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate Point of Sale system to sell merchandise, memberships and rent firearms to customers and members.
- Know and follow emergency response plans when required
- Perform procedures for opening and closing the range as described in the SOP.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- Maintain a well groomed, professional appearance at all times
- Follow and uphold corporate and legal policies at all times.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must hold a MA License to Carry Firearms
- Friendly and positive daily attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills
- Able to carry out directives efficiently
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Must submit to periodic blood tests for lead levels
Job Type: Part-time