MONDAY JULY 20, 2020
PISTOL SKILL BUILDER WORKSHOP
PLEASE NOTE There is a $50 DEPOSIT upon registration. (Please register by June 1, 2020 to ensure your spot!)
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $75 due on the day of the class – CASH ONLY!
CLASS STARTS AT 6:00pm – PLEASE BE THERE NO LATER THAN 5:45pm FOR SET UP AND SAFETY BRIEFING.
This is a multifaceted class designed to introduce the beginner or intermediate shooter to the various aspects of efficient, effective and accurate pistol shooting fundamentals and foundational skills. If you are new to shooting, a new pistol owner, this is a great opportunity to learn and familiarize yourself with your firearm, in a safe, friendly, professional setting with qualified instructors. Intermediate and advanced shooters will also benefit as we will help diagnose and correct any shooting errors or problem areas to help improve your shooting abilities.
This is also an opportunity to work on any areas that the shooter themsevles would like to request.
All students must understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals.
The class curriculum contains:
– Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
– Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
– Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
– Dry fire / live fire drills.
– Reloading techniques.
– Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
– Accuracy and speed development drills.
– Engaging multiple targets.
– Gear discussion/selection.
– Alternate shooting positions
All students must bring:
– Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice.
– Minimum of 400 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammo).
– Handheld flashlight (Streamlight, Surefire, etc.)
– Quality eye and ear protection.
– Three magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc.
– Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies or kit.
– Sturdy belt and strong side holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. Kydex preferred. We recommend holsters from Dark Star Gear, Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, G-Code.
– Knee pads highly recommended
– notepad or notebook with pen
– An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
For more information or questions please contact: [email protected]